Golf Club Operations Online – Certificate
Certificate in Golf Club Operations
The golf industry is changing rapidly with over 30,000 international clubs looking for trained managers to help their businesses run smoothly. Our Golf Club Operations certificate puts you at the top of the hiring list and gives you maximum career potential.
This fully-online program gives you personalized learning experiences and flexibility to set your own schedule as you explore our multimedia curriculum, complete with videos, forums and chat rooms. Whether you are looking to improve your workplace performance, increase your chances of career advancement or pave your way into the industry, our program can help you get there.
Upon successful completion of this program, learners will be able to:
- explain terms, concepts, and theories relevant to the Canadian golf industry.
- demonstrate developing critical and creative thinking skills.
- apply emerging problem solving skills.
- communicate effectively and efficiently in various formats to a variety of stakeholders, consistent with industry expectations.
- outline professional and ethical standards within their field.
- conduct themselves in a professional and ethical manner in academic and work-related environments.
- apply basic accounting principles as required.
- apply the basic principles of organizational behaviour, management theories, and human resource management.
- demonstrate a working knowledge of tourism/golf operations and their value to the economy.
- apply industry specific government health, safety, and environmental standards and regulations.
Program Admission Requirements
- Completion of BC grade 12 or equivalent
- English Studies 12 with a minimum of 60% or higher
- Students must have access to a computer (PC recommended) and high speed data line as well as a basic knowledge of the use of email, MS Word and MS Excel.
- Consideration will be given to mature individuals: anyone who is not a secondary school graduate (or equivalent) but who will be nineteen (19) years of age or older on the first day of classes for the term is eligible to attend the College as a mature student.
You can take advantage of these courses in two ways:
- A complete 10-course Golf Club Operations Online (GCOOL) Certificate.
- Individual 45-hour courses (12 weeks to complete each course).
All ten courses are offered twice a year:
- Fall semester runs for 12 weeks from the beginning of November until the end of January.
- Winter semester runs for 12 weeks from the beginning of February until the end of April.
GCOOL offerings are different than distance learning of a decade ago.Our online classes employ audio and video, interactive PowerPoint sessions, and online discussion forums. Selkirk College does everything possible to make the instructional approaches suit learner preferences.
Graduation and Promotion
In order to receive your credential in your program you must maintain a cumulative minimum GPA of 2.00
|GCOOL102||Overview of Golf Club Operations||
|GCOOL103||Food and Beverage Controls||
|GCOOL105||Golf Shop Operations||
|GCOOL106||Golf Club Marketing||
|GCOOL108||Human Resources for Golf Clubs||
|GCOOL109||Leadership in the Golf Industry||
|GCOOL110||Tournaments and Special Events Planning||
|GCOOL111||Accounting for Club Operations Part #1||
|GCOOL112||Accounting for Club Operations Part #2||